DOROTHY GEREKE GRANT
The Gereke Grant
is named for one of the co-founders of the TEC movement. Dorothy Gereke was
instrumental in supporting the spiritual and practical needs of the first TEC
community in the diocese of Lansing, Michigan. In an effort to honor Dorothy
and to provide for the spiritual and practical needs of TEC communities, the
TEC Conference invites regular donors to come forward to fund this worthwhile
subsidy for deserving TEC communities.
Leaders from TEC communities which are affiliated with the TEC Conference may submit an application for a Gereke Grant anytime before October 3, 2016. On November 1, 2016 selections are made, awarding at least two $1,000 grants to deserving applicants. Grant funds may not be distributed to individuals.
Gereke Grants are intended to benefit and strengthen affiliated TEC communities. A strong grant application demonstrates with specificity how funds will be used to benefit and strengthen that TEC community. Appropriate uses include, but are not limited to leadership formation, TEC manual study, conference-sponsored workshops, community gatherings, local TEC promotions or the purchase of needed resources. Applications must be complete and received at the TEC Conference before October 3, 2016. Grant monies must be used for the project described in the application and may not be redirected toward any other purpose.
Application & Other Details
Complete applications must be received prior to October 3, 2016. A complete application consists of:
- Contact Information – of the person completing the application on behalf of an affiliated TEC Community
- TEC Community Profile – including a separate page describing the applicant TEC Community
- Plan of Action – Separate attachments describing the proposed use for grant funds
- Consent – Our agreement regarding use of the funds and the reporting responsibility of the TEC Community
- Financial Worksheet – an attached worksheet for the financial “plan” for the community’s use of the grant
- Core Team/Board Roster or Verification – To verify the support of local leadership
- Information and Agreement Sheet signed and dated by Spiritual Director